Truth is knowledge... only verified SM
Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act &
To ensure continued compliance with the privacy provisions of the federal Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, and the subsequent regulations adopted by the Federal Trade Commission ("GLB"), the permissible purposes presented as part of the services Diogenes LLC offers have been changed. These industry specific screens contain new language that will now correspond to exceptions under the law.
To maintain compliance with GLB, a user must now select only a single purpose from the presented list. Misrepresenting your access purpose is a violation of our subscriber agreement and federal and state laws. Any use of Diogenes LLC information other than for the selected permissible purpose is grounds for litigation and may be referred to the Federal Trade Commission or to the appropriate state investigative agency.
Expanded definitions of each Permissible Purpose can be found below.
To learn more, you may contact us by telephone (203.264.6802) or via email.
- Asset Identification -- For use that is in the legal or beneficial interest relating to the consumer.
- Attorney or Law Firm Functions -- For use in complying with federal, state, or local laws, rules, and other applicable legal requirements.
- Claims Investigation -- For use for any of the following purposes as they relate to consumer insurance: account administration, reporting, investigating, preventing fraud or material misrepresentation, processing insurance claims, or as otherwise required or specifically permitted under federal or state law.
- Collection Activity -- For use as necessary to effect, administer, or enforce a transaction requested or authorized by the consumer, including location for collection of a delinquent account.
- Court Related -- For use in complying with a properly authorized civil, criminal, or regulatory investigation, subpoena, orsummons by federal, state, or local authorities.
- Due Diligence -- For use to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, or other liability.
- Government Agency, Incl. Court (not Law Enforcement) -- For use by any government agency, or any officer, employee, or agent of such agency in carrying out official government duties or obligations by a federal, state, or local government agency.
- Risk Mgmt/Fraud Prevention/Detection -- For use to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, or other liability.
- Vendor Certification -- For use to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, or other liability.
- Other Legal, Normal Business Use -- For any other use permitted or otherwise not restricted by law and which may reasonably be expected to be part of the normal course and scope of your business or profession.
Close this Window to return to the Services Page.
home | about us | services | resources | contact us